Inspire is creating the world’s most customer-focused clean power platform. Our inaugural product, a clean energy subscription, connects members to 100% wind power in less than five minutes through frictionless digital enrollment. We guarantee a seamless member experience through concierge-level service and simple, transparent pricing. We make energy personal by providing relevant insights and smart tech recommendations based on your unique energy profile. And above all, we prioritize the long term value of your home. Our proprietary algorithm powers a unique member profile to help you make better decisions about your home. Inspire is the smartest way to power your life.
The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and supports the Accounting Team in the month-end close process, reporting functions to outside parties, as well as year-end procedures.
- Prepare Borrowing Base Reports on a weekly and monthly basis in connection with our facility agreement.
- Prepare and file Sales & Use Tax Returns.
- Oversee the AP process and prepare accruals on a monthly basis.
- Support the close process by performing reconciliations, research, and adjusting journal entries as outlined in the monthly close schedule.
- Perform year-end close procedures and support the annual audit.
- Assist with regulatory and compliance obligations as requested.
- Manage 1099 filing at year-end.
- Keep-up with industry trends and developments, and deep-dive into relevant topics as they apply to our space and compliance requirements.
- Public accounting experience preferred, although not required.
- 3+ years of Public Accounting experience or 5+ years of General Ledger Accounting experience.
- Bachelors degree (Accounting/Finance major required).
- Experience working with startups or growth stage companies.
- Experience in the energy sector is preferred.
- Experience in QuickBooks Online, Bill.com, and Expensify is preferred.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Strong analytic and problem solving skills.
- Strong organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills and business acumen.
- Positive attitude a must.
- You are motivated to work at a purpose-driven company and be part of a mission.
- You have demonstrated stellar judgment.
- You have an ownership mentality and take responsibility for key outcomes.
- You communicate accounting conclusions clearly to those who do not have an accounting background.
- You can set clear targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets.
- You are willing to be hands-on and do all levels of work and ‘pitch-in’ as needed.
- You motivate and inspire those you work with. You lead by setting an example of hard work and problem solving.